Martin Precision Ltd is fully committed to the responsible sourcing of “Conflict Minerals” tin, tantalum, tungsten and gold, ‘3T&G’.
Martin Precision acknowledges and promotes ‘conflict minerals’ regulations, where relevant, and particularly the provisions of the ‘Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010)’ and of applicable European regulations.
Martin Precision expects its suppliers to support its efforts and to take steps to ensure that 3T&G that have funded armed groups are not used in materials supplied to Martin Precision.
Martin Precision is actively engaging with suppliers that provide materials that may contain 3T&G and requiring their cooperation to see that the necessary due diligence with respect to the source of 3T&G in materials supplied to Martin Precision is conducted.
Martin Precision’s Commitment:
- Fully support the objectives of the U.S. legislation and SEC (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission) rules on the supply of “Conflict Minerals”.
- Not knowingly procure or supply products or materials that contain 3T&G that fund conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) region.
- Require our supply base to perform due diligence to see that they are using only those sources of 3T&G that are certified as “Conflict Free”.
- Require our approved supply base to provide written evidence documenting that the materials used in products or materials supplied to us are “Conflict Free”.
Martin Precision’s Expectations of Approved Suppliers:
- Supply “Conflict Free” material, i.e any 3T&G necessary to the functionality or production of supplied materials must not directly or indirectly fund armed groups in the DRC or adjoining countries.
- Adopt conflict minerals policies. Suppliers must adopt a policy regarding conflict minerals that facilitates compliance with Martin Precision’s policies, implement management systems to support compliance with these policies and require their suppliers to take the same steps.
- Collect information from their suppliers regarding the source of any 3T&G in supplied materials and cooperate with Martin Precision and Martin Precision customer inquiries regarding conflict minerals in supplied materials. Suppliers must pass down conflict minerals inquiries to the smelter level.
If our suppliers are providing non-conflict free material, Martin Precision will immediately change to a “Conflict Free” approved source.